Council will decide whether to restore banned users like Donald Trump or not, says Musk

Elon Musk, the new owner of Twitter, announced that Twitter will create a content-moderation council with “widely diverse viewpoints” and that major decisions regarding content and account reinstatements are on hold.

The statement came as a response to rumours that arose after a statement purporting to be from former US president Donald Trump claimed that his suspended Twitter account “will be back up and running” by Monday.

He might immediately reinstate banned users like Donald Trump, people are questioning.
Musk had previously said he didn’t support lifetime bans and thought Twitter’s content moderation standards were too stringent.

However, Musk’s tweet on Friday indicates that no reinstatements are imminent.
Elon Musk after acquiring Twitter for $44 billion stated “The reason I acquired Twitter is because it is important to the future of civilization to have a common digital town square, where a wide range of beliefs can be debated in a healthy manner, without resorting to violence.”

Musk fired senior management and started overhauling strategy right away after taking over the most powerful social media networks in the world right away.

Musk also replaces Parag Agrawal, who was fired along with three other top executives, according to a source familiar with the situation who asked to remain anonymous.
Twitter suspended Trump days after the 2021 Capitol uprising due to the “risk of further incitement of violence.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here