32 C
Lahore
Wednesday, July 6, 2022
HomeLetters to the EditorDrugs Addiction: Expanding business or destroying youth

Drugs Addiction: Expanding business or destroying youth

Addiction is something that can affect a human’s brain and behaviour. When someone is addicted to drugs, he/she can’t resist the urge to use them, no matter how much harm the drugs may cause. Drug addicts on one hand expand the business of most of the companies including cigarettes, alcohol, ice and so on. On the other hand, they’re destroying their own nation.

In Pakistan, drug addicts are increasing day by day. As per a UN report, there are 7.6 million drug addicts, where 78% are male while the rest 22% are female. Now the question is how is it increasing? According to research, mostly the addicts are the youngsters including college and university students and they’re mostly from the elite class of our community. Once it starts at the beginning of university life, then it creates an unstoppable chain of getting more people into drugs.

- Advertisement -

As it’s illegal to export or import substances publicly, so the companies have started smuggling them secretly throughout the world. Drug trafficking is a major source of revenue for organised crime groups.

The role of government is controlling it by stopping its cultivation, production, distribution, packaging and transportation. It should start punishing those who are involved in this disgusting act. Anti-narcotic force also has to play its firm role to control it.

Parents should be vigilant and keep an eye on the company of their kids and activities as well. Awareness seminars also have to be organised at schools where experts describe devastating effects of the drugs.

- Advertisement -

By: Salwa Sikandar

SZABIST

Advertisement

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Top news

Related articles