Three blasts rocked a densely populated area in Kabul on Tuesday morning, killing six and injuring eleven.
According to media reports, the first blast occurred near Mumtaz Tuition Center and was followed by two back-to-back explosions close to Abdul Raheem Shaheed High School in the west of Kabul.
A spokesman for Kabul Security Department, Khalid Zadran, while talking to the media, said, “Six people have died so far and more than 11 are injured. These are the initial details we are still getting the final numbers of the people hurt in this blast.”
While speaking to local journalists, witnesses said that the first blast occurred when students were completing their class and were on their way out. Later, there were two back-to-back blasts, witnesses said.
The Afghan Interior Ministry gave an official confirmation of the blast and said that an investigation had been started. They added that further details of the blast would soon be shared with the media.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the blasts.
The emergency departments of the hospitals around Kabul were on high alert after the attack and an official of one of the hospitals said that they had received seven injured so far.
Meanwhile, Pakistan strongly condemned the three terrorist attacks in Kabul which resulted in the loss of precious lives while injuring several innocent people.
A statement by the Foreign Office said, “The government and the people of Pakistan extend deep sympathies to the families of those who have lost their lives and pray for the early recovery of the injured.”
It further said that Pakistan strongly condemned terrorism in all its forms and manifestations and it stood with its Afghan brothers in this moment of sorrow.
“It is important that Afghanistan and the international community engage in close cooperation against the scourge of terrorism,” said the statement.