Two soldiers martyred, seven terrorists slain in KP raids

Four terrorists, passerby killed in Sharikira encounter

Pakistan Army killed seven terrorists in two different operations in parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on Tuesday, according to the military’s media wing.

Two soldiers of Pakistan Army embraced martyrdom while responding to a terrorist attack on a military convoy in general area of Hassan Khel. Three terrorists were killed in the gun battle. The terrorists had fired on a military convoy after which Army troops effectively engaged the terrorists, an Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) news release said. The forces also recovered weapons and ammunition from the killed terrorists, who had been actively involved in hostile activities against the security forces. Sanitization of the area was being carried out to eliminate any other terrorists. The ISPR said that during the intense exchange of fire, Lance Naik Muhammad Pannah, 30, resident of Jaffarabad District, and the Frontier Constabulary’s sepoy Shamas Ullah, 36, resident of South Waziristan District, “fought gallantly and embraced martyrdom”.

Separately, at least four militants and a passerby were killed while five security personnel sustained injuries on Tuesday when an encounter took place during a combing operation in the Sharikira, Mattani on the outskirts of the district. The Mattani police, while confirming the incident, said a heavy contingent of police along with armored vehicles was deployed at Sharikira village after reports of heavy firing between the security forces and the militants.

The incident took place when the militant group attacked the convoy of security forces in Mattani area, injuring four security personnel, namely Naisr, Asif, Shakoor and Sajjad while a passerby named Ahmed Khan was killed in firing by the militants. The injured were rushed to hospital for treatment. In retaliatory firing, the security forces killed four terrorists while some of them managed to escape the area leaving behind their motorcycles and weapons. Soon after the incident the security forces and police cordoned off the area. The ISPR said that the militants were involved in target killing, kidnapping, and extortion in the area, and weapons and ammunition were recovered from them. The security situation has further aggravated as the highest number of terror incidents in a single month this year was recorded in September, according to an Islamabad-based independent think-tank, Pakistan Institute for Conflict and Security Studies.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here