30 C
Lahore
Thursday, September 29, 2022
Search
Generic filters
HomeWorldUkraine claims to kill 200 Russian paratroopers

Ukraine claims to kill 200 Russian paratroopers

Ukraine has said that it has killed 200 airborne Russian troops. According to Serhiy Haidi, Governor of Luhansk administrative district, a successful attack was conducted by the troops of Ukraine upon the Russian base in a hotel in the occupied city of Kadiivka.

The governor has also released images of a war-battered building that according to him was being used by the Russian army as a base since 2014.

- Advertisement -

In Luhansk and Donetsk, the Ukrainian military has been fighting the Kremlin-backed separatists since 2014. Russia annexed Crimea from Ukraine in 2014, according to reports.

On the other hand, reports have also claimed that Russia’s advancement in the eastern regions of Ukraine had stalled after six months of the conflict.

According to media reports, Russia has pivoted the war towards the Donbas region after failing to take the capital, Kyiv. Haidi had also claimed in June that the Ukrainian military had destroyed a Russian base in Kadiivka. The base was told to be used by the Russian mercenary Wagner group.

- Advertisement -

The Kremlin has said that for easing the toll on civilians it was slowing the offensive whereas Ukraine and its Western allies suspecting the reason had said that the heavy losses sustained by the Russian military were the main cause.

UK’s Defence Ministry had stated that Russia was suffering from shortages of munitions, vehicles and personnel; adding that Russia was anticipating major counterattacks from Ukraine and Donbas offensive was making minimal progress for them.

Institute for the study of War, a US think tank, has stated that near the Slavyansk city limited ground attacks were conducted by Russian forces. It also said that the Russian forces were pressing forwards with ground attacks near the eastern Ukrainian cities of Bakhmut and Donetsk.

Kremlin has also blamed Ukraine for criminal shelling in Donbas that had killed about 100 civilians in the last month. Russian Chief of National Defence Management Centre told media that more than 24,000 people were evacuated from Luhansk and Donetsk.

Advertisement

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Top news

Related articles