Your interest in contributing to Minute Mirror is highly appreciated. Kindly read the section relevant to the nature of your contribution.
How to pitch a story to Minute Mirror:
- Send the idea to [email protected].
- While pitching an exclusive story or feature, please try to keep the word count between 200-300.
- The exclusive information must be at the start, followed by a description of the rest of the story or feature.
- Quote your sources properly.
- Mention if there will be pictures or videos with your exclusive story or feature.
- Exclusive stories or features should not exceed 700-750 words.
- When mentioning sources, you should mention their names and designation/professional identity (depending on relevance to your story).
- Publications must be mentioned with the title, author name and date.
- We reserve the right to reject story pitches.
- We reserve the right to add to the requirements of the story.
- If approved, you must send the story with your picture (portrait form), a two-liner introduction, an email address which you may want the public to know, and your Twitter handle.
- Not citing facts and figures will mean that your piece will not be published as a story, and will be considered an opinion piece or blog.
- Writers must get explicit consent before adding someone’s comments to their story or feature. If someone wishes to remain anonymous, then it has to be that way. Anonymity will be given in extremely sensitive matters and the Editor Reporting has the discretion to decide whether someone’s comments can go anonymously. If the Editor Reporting feels that there is no solid reason for claiming anonymity, the writer in question must reveal the source or remove the comment all together from the story.
How to submit an opinion, blog, or letter:
- Send your opinion, blog, or letter to [email protected].
- When sending your contribution, you must mention the nature of the write-up – blog, opinion, letter – in the subject of the email along with the topic in less than five words.
- If you submit an opinion or blog, you are advised to submit a feature image (file or URL).
- You must send your picture (portrait form), a two-liner introduction, an email address which you may want the public to know, and your Twitter handle.
- Opinions should preferably be a minimum of 750 words.
- Blogs can be any length.
- Letters to the editor may either be 225 or 450 words.
- Kindly understand that we may not be able to publish your write-up.