The Pakistan People’s Party leadership has claimed that the government was planning to raid Sindh House in Islamabad, after the police raided Parliament Lodges last week, saying that Prime Minister Imran Khan’s regime would be responsible if anyone got hurt.
In a joint statement released by PPP MNAs, the party said that multiple members of National Assembly had called onto the Sindh government to accommodate them in Sindh House, citing security reasons.
On March 10, the Islamabad police launched an operation inside the Parliament Lodges and detained two MNAs and several workers belonging to the Jamiat Ulema-e-Islami-Fazl (JUI-F) party. The police later released the detainees as the party announced to hold country-wide protests.
عمران خان حکومت دہشت گردی پر تُلی ہوئ ہے ، پارلیمنٹ لاجز کے وحشیانہ واقعہ کے بعد نیازی سرکار اب سندھ ہاؤس پر حملہ کرنے کی تیاری کررہی ہے۔https://t.co/ZLOnbi7FG4
— PPP (@MediaCellPPP) March 16, 2022
The statement, released on Twitter, said that “the lives of MNAs, including women members, are not safe as the PTI-led government is hell-bent on terrorism, therefore, we [MNAs] had requested the Sindh government to provide the Sindh police security”.
The PPP lawmakers added that they had intelligence that members of Prime Minister Imran Khan’s ‘Tiger Force’ had planned on attacking Sindh House. They said that the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf government would be held responsible if any harm was brought to their lawmakers.
The statement comes the same day as it was reported that Prime Minister Imran Khan had ordered the monitoring of the Sindh House in Islamabad where the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) is reportedly keeping the ‘dissident’ lawmakers from the ruling party who will be voting on the day of the no-trust motion.