At least 23 people died as a result of a missile strike in the Southern Ukraine region of Zaporizhzhia car market on Friday.
The regional governor claims that Russia is behind the missile attack. “The occupiers struck defenceless Ukrainians. This is another terrorist attack by a terrorist country, “Governor Oleksandr Starukh stated.
“So far, 23 dead and 28 wounded. All civilians,” Starukh informed through Telegram. Eyewitness and Ukrainian officials said the convoy was at a car market, on the outskirts of Zaporizhzhia, ready to leave Ukrainian territory to visit family and make deliveries in an area controlled by Russia. Reuters reported that the impact of the missile strike blew out car windows.
Police Colonel Sergey Ujryumov, head of the Zaporizhzhia police department’s explosive disposal unit, stated that three S300 missiles were fired at the market, as per the report.
He further said that Individuals who were impacted were mostly in or near their cars. There were more than ten other strikes. They will be informed to you later.
Ujryumov also claimed that the attack was perfectly planned, according to the report. On the other hand, A pro-Kremlin official in Zaporizhzhia rejected the Russian army behind the attack, urging it as a “terrorist attack” by Ukrainian forces.