Summary
- Indian rapper and singer Honey Singh has spoken candidly about the challenges he says have affected his music career, claiming that an unnamed music label has been causing him considerable trouble and disrupting his ability to release new songs.
- Singh went on to explain how the alleged interference had affected his plans to release music.
- During the same Instagram Live session, Singh also discussed Nitesh Tiwari’s much-awaited epic film Ramayana.
Indian rapper and singer Honey Singh has spoken candidly about the challenges he says have affected his music career, claiming that an unnamed music label has been causing him considerable trouble and disrupting his ability to release new songs.
During an Instagram Live session, the 43-year-old artist expressed his frustration with the situation and suggested that the ongoing dispute has significantly reduced his musical output. Without naming the label involved, Singh said that the company had been troubling him for some time and that he believed such behaviour would eventually have consequences.
The rapper also invoked his faith while addressing the issue, saying that his Bholenath was watching everything. He further remarked that those who believe they have become powerful should remember that even Ravana, despite his immense strength and influence, eventually lost his pride.
Singh went on to explain how the alleged interference had affected his plans to release music. According to the singer, he could have been releasing as many as five songs every month if he had not been dealing with the difficulties created by music labels. He added that the continued disturbance had prevented him from working at the pace he wanted.
The outspoken comments come as Singh continues to remain active in the entertainment industry, where he has built a reputation for chart-topping songs and a distinctive style that has influenced Indian pop and hip-hop.
During the same Instagram Live session, Singh also discussed Nitesh Tiwari’s much-awaited epic film Ramayana. The singer revealed that he had watched the teaser and was particularly impressed by Yash’s appearance and screen presence as Ravana.
Singh said the story holds a special emotional significance for him because of his childhood memories. He recalled watching Ramleela performances while growing up in Delhi, particularly around Karampura. Because of his personal connection with the epic, he expressed hope that the upcoming film would remain faithful to the version of the story he grew up seeing.
He also stressed the importance of presenting the ancient tale respectfully and without hurting the sentiments of audiences who share a deep emotional and cultural connection with it.
Ramayana stars Ranbir Kapoor as Lord Ram, Sai Pallavi as Sita and Yash as Ravana. Produced by Namit Malhotra and directed by Nitesh Tiwari, the ambitious project is planned as a two-part cinematic event.
The first instalment is scheduled to arrive on November 6, 2026, shortly before Diwali, while the second part is expected to release around Diwali in 2027.
The film’s trailer introduces Yash’s Ravana as a powerful ruler who declares his authority over the three worlds. The story then follows Lord Vishnu’s incarnation as Ram, his marriage to Sita and his eventual exile for 14 years. The narrative ultimately leads to Ravana’s abduction of Sita, setting the stage for the epic conflict at the heart of the Ramayana.
We welcome your contributions! Submit your blogs, opinion pieces, press releases, news story pitches, and news features to opinion@minutemirror.com.pk and minutemirrormail@gmail.com

