Houthis claim two hypersonic missiles fired at Mokha Port

Tuba Zahra
2 Min Read

Summary

  • SANAA: Yemen’s Houthi group has claimed it launched two hypersonic ballistic missiles towards the strategically important Mokha port on the Red Sea coast, adding to growing security concerns around one of the world’s busiest maritime routes.
  • According to Turkey’s Anadolu Agency, the Yemeni military said the two missiles were fired towards Mokha port and the surrounding Red Sea area.
  • Mokha, located on Yemen’s western coastline, is an important port area overlooking the Red Sea.
AI Generated Summary

SANAA: Yemen’s Houthi group has claimed it launched two hypersonic ballistic missiles towards the strategically important Mokha port on the Red Sea coast, adding to growing security concerns around one of the world’s busiest maritime routes.

According to Turkey’s Anadolu Agency, the Yemeni military said the two missiles were fired towards Mokha port and the surrounding Red Sea area. However, there was no immediate independent confirmation of whether the missiles reached their intended targets or were intercepted before impact.

No casualties or material damage were immediately reported following the alleged missile launches.

Mokha, located on Yemen’s western coastline, is an important port area overlooking the Red Sea. The region has remained highly sensitive amid continuing tensions and repeated missile and drone attacks linked to the wider Middle East conflict.

The latest claim is likely to raise fresh concerns over maritime security in the Red Sea, where attacks on commercial shipping have previously disrupted international trade and forced some vessels to consider longer alternative routes.

The Houthis have repeatedly used missiles and drones in attacks around the Red Sea, saying their operations are connected to the broader regional conflict. Such incidents have drawn international attention because the waterway is a major passage for cargo and energy shipments between Asia, Europe and other global markets.

For now, key details surrounding Monday’s alleged attack remain unclear, including the exact type of missiles used, their intended targets and whether any interception took place.

The Houthi claim has not been independently verified, and further information from Yemeni authorities or other sources is expected to clarify what happened.

With tensions already high across the region, the reported launch underscores the continuing risks facing ports and shipping lanes along the Red Sea.

We welcome your contributions! Submit your blogs, opinion pieces, press releases, news story pitches, and news features to opinion@minutemirror.com.pk and minutemirrormail@gmail.com
Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *