Family challenges post-mortem report of youth killed in alleged Badin police encounter

Khusbakht Bilal
4 Min Read

Summary

  •     The family of a young man who was killed in an alleged police encounter in the Kadhan area on the outskirts of Badin has raised serious objections to his post-mortem report, alleging that the report does not accurately reflect the condition of his body.
  • According to him, these videos could provide important evidence regarding the condition of the body and may help determine whether the post-mortem examination described in the official report actually took place.
  • The family believes that a fresh post-mortem could help establish whether the injuries on the body correspond with the police account and whether the original medical report was prepared accurately.
AI Generated Summary

 

 

The family of a young man who was killed in an alleged police encounter in the Kadhan area on the outskirts of Badin has raised serious objections to his post-mortem report, alleging that the report does not accurately reflect the condition of his body.

The relatives of the deceased, identified as Moharram Dil, have declared the post-mortem report to be fake and demanded that his grave be exhumed so that a fresh post-mortem examination can be conducted. The family has called for an impartial investigation into the circumstances surrounding his death and the preparation of the medical report.

Moharram Dil’s father said that there were no visible signs on his son’s body indicating that it had been cut open for a post-mortem examination. He said that when the body was being washed before burial, the family observed gunshot wounds but did not see any other marks that would suggest that a post-mortem had been performed.

The father said that the family also possesses video recordings of his son’s body taken before the burial. According to him, these videos could provide important evidence regarding the condition of the body and may help determine whether the post-mortem examination described in the official report actually took place.

The controversy has emerged over the timing and circumstances of the post-mortem report. Moharram Dil was reportedly killed in an alleged police encounter on July 26, while his post-mortem report was issued five days later, on July 31, by the Rural Health Centre.

The family has questioned the circumstances under which the examination was conducted and how the report was prepared. Their demand for exhumation is aimed at obtaining a new medical examination that could independently establish the cause and circumstances of the young man’s death.

Badin District Health Officer (DHO) has provided an explanation regarding who can conduct a post-mortem examination. According to the DHO, if a medico-legal officer is not available, the medical superintendent or a senior duty doctor can perform the post-mortem.

The clarification comes amid questions raised by the family regarding the validity of the medical report. The authorities may now face pressure to determine whether the procedure was conducted according to the relevant medical and legal requirements.

Police, meanwhile, maintain that Moharram Dil was a drug dealer who was killed during a police encounter on July 26. According to the police version, an exchange of fire took place between the police and the alleged drug dealer, during which Moharram Dil was killed.

Police also claimed that two officers were injured during the encounter. The law enforcement authorities have presented the incident as an armed confrontation, while the deceased’s family has challenged the official account and raised doubts about the circumstances surrounding his death.

The conflicting accounts have increased calls for an independent investigation. The family believes that a fresh post-mortem could help establish whether the injuries on the body correspond with the police account and whether the original medical report was prepared accurately.

The demand for exhumation and a second post-mortem is now at the centre of the controversy. The videos reportedly recorded before the burial could also become relevant if an investigation is launched.

The case has raised broader questions about transparency in alleged police encounters and the importance of properly documented medico-legal procedures. A fresh examination, if authorized, could provide additional evidence and help address the concerns raised by the deceased’s family.

We welcome your contributions! Submit your blogs, opinion pieces, press releases, news story pitches, and news features to opinion@minutemirror.com.pk and minutemirrormail@gmail.com
Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *