Summary
- ISLAMABAD: Six Pakistani sailors injured in a recent Houthi attack in the Red Sea have safely returned to Pakistan, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar said on Thursday.
- Dar said the injured sailors were brought back to the country after receiving medical treatment following the attack.
- Dar said the remains of two Pakistani sailors who were killed in the incident have also been repatriated to Pakistan.
ISLAMABAD: Six Pakistani sailors injured in a recent Houthi attack in the Red Sea have safely returned to Pakistan, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar said on Thursday.
Dar said the injured sailors were brought back to the country after receiving medical treatment following the attack.
The incident occurred on August 11. A Tanzania-flagged commercial vessel, Tihamah, was targeted in the Red Sea.
The attack resulted in deaths and injuries among the vessel’s crew.
Dar said the remains of two Pakistani sailors who were killed in the incident have also been repatriated to Pakistan.
The foreign minister shared the update on social media and confirmed that the injured nationals had safely reached the country.
Earlier, authorities had reported that Pakistani nationals were among the casualties of the attack. Initial information indicated that three Pakistanis had been killed, while another sailor was reported injured.
The latest update provided a clearer account of the Pakistani casualties and confirmed the safe return of the injured sailors.
The attack has renewed concerns about the security of commercial shipping in the Red Sea. The region has witnessed repeated attacks on vessels amid wider tensions in the Middle East.
The safety of Pakistani nationals working on international commercial vessels has also remained a concern for the government.
Pakistan has continued to monitor the situation and maintain contact with relevant authorities regarding its citizens affected by incidents at sea.
The repatriation of the injured sailors and the remains of those killed provides relief to their families after the deadly incident.
We welcome your contributions! Submit your blogs, opinion pieces, press releases, news story pitches, and news features to opinion@minutemirror.com.pk and minutemirrormail@gmail.com

