Sindh police finally question doctor over Mir Raza case

Hadia Batool
By
Hadia Batool
Hadia Batool is Web Editor of Minute Mirror. She can be reached at bhadia624@gmail.com.
3 Min Read

Summary

  • Sindh police have finally questioned Dr Usama, the medico-legal officer who conducted the first post-mortem examination of Karachi businessman Mir Raza, nearly 25 days after the initial report was prepared.
  • Dr Usama had classified Mir Raza’s death as suicide in his original post-mortem report.
  • Police Surgeon Dr Samia Syed and Mir Raza’s father both expressed dissatisfaction with the initial findings and called attention to issues surrounding the examination.
AI Generated Summary

Sindh police have finally questioned Dr Usama, the medico-legal officer who conducted the first post-mortem examination of Karachi businessman Mir Raza, nearly 25 days after the initial report was prepared.

Dr Usama had classified Mir Raza’s death as suicide in his original post-mortem report. The report later came under serious scrutiny after several alleged discrepancies were highlighted by Police Surgeon Dr Samia Syed.

Police initially defended the medico-legal officer’s findings. However, Dr Usama was later removed from his position following concerns over major errors in the post-mortem examination.

Police have now formally included him in the investigation and questioned him for around five hours.

The case concerns the death of young Karachi businessman Mir Raza Ali Khan, who went missing from the PECHS area on July 28. He reportedly left his home at around 4:09am in an online taxi.

His body was recovered from Gulistan-e-Johar two days later.

According to police officials, the body was found in a severely damaged condition. Mir Raza had suffered a gunshot wound to the chest. His social media accounts were also reportedly deactivated one day before his body was found.

Mir Raza’s father had said that his son was scheduled to get married on August 30 at Bait-ul-Mukarram Mosque in Gulshan-e-Iqbal. He said Mir Raza had been excited about beginning a new chapter in his life.

Questions were raised over the initial post-mortem report after several discrepancies were highlighted during a television programme on August 4.

Police Surgeon Dr Samia Syed and Mir Raza’s father both expressed dissatisfaction with the initial findings and called attention to issues surrounding the examination.

Following a court order, Mir Raza’s grave was exhumed on August 8 for a second post-mortem examination. His body was reburied later the same day.

The initial post-mortem findings reportedly stated that the bullet had entered from the back. The examination also documented signs of physical injuries and trauma.

According to the report, Mir Raza had fractured ribs and multiple injuries to his head and face. Dark marks were also reportedly found on different parts of his body.

The report further mentioned injuries to his feet and blood staining in tissues in the lower part of the body.

A fracture and injury measuring around 12 centimetres were reportedly found on his right thigh.

The initial examination also identified a deep injury and fracture around the jaw, along with injuries to the nasal bone and several areas of the face.

The developments have intensified questions surrounding the circumstances of Mir Raza’s death and the accuracy of the first post-mortem report.

We welcome your contributions! Submit your blogs, opinion pieces, press releases, news story pitches, and news features to opinion@minutemirror.com.pk and minutemirrormail@gmail.com
Share This Article
Hadia Batool is Web Editor of Minute Mirror. She can be reached at bhadia624@gmail.com.
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *